Any questions, suggestions or comments are welcome and will be answered as quickly as possible.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (M-F)
Michelin Malaysia Tyre Warranty
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG
Passenger Car and Light Truck Tyres
Michelin Passenger Car and Light Truck Tyres, used in normal service and in accordance with the maintenance recommendations and safety warnings of the Michelin Company, are covered by a warranty against defects in design, workmanship and materials subject the conditions set out in the Michelin warranty booklet.
- a. Tyres sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date
Where the tyres are sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 6 years from the date of purchase, whichever comes first
b. Tyres sold 3 years after the manufacturing date
Where the tyres are sold 3 years after the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 6 years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first.
At the end if the relevant periods stated in paragraphs a. and b. above, all warranties, express or implied are terminated.
The original usable tread pattern is the original tread pattern down to the level of the tread pattern wear indicators – 1.6 mm of the tread pattern remaining. Date of purchase is documented by new vehicle registration (where the tyre were fitted on a new vehicle) or original tyre sales invoice. If there is no proof of purchase, the warranty will be based on the date of manufacture.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Tyres which become unserviceable under the following circumstances are not covered by this warranty.
- Road hazard injury (e.g. a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture, whether repairable or not);
- Incorrect mounting of the tyre, tyre/wheel imbalance or improper repair;
- Under-inflation, over-inflation, improper maintenance or other abuse;
- Mechanical irregularity in vehicle such as wheel misalignment resulting in uneven or rapid wear;
- Tyres fitted to or used with incompatible or improper valves, rim or wheel;
- Vehicles which are carrying loads or running at speeds higher than the load and speed index marked on the tyre sidewalls or that recommended for the vehicles;
- Tyres purchased second hand;
- Improper storage;
- Tyre which have not been fitted or used in accordance with the technical recommendations of the manufacturer as published from time to time;
- Accident, fire, chemical explosion, tyre alteration or vandalism;
- Tyres purchased from unauthorized dealers; and
- Climatic or ozone effects.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Where the tyre becomes unserviceable due to a condition covered by this warranty, the Michelin Company may at its option repair the tyre, supply an equivalent tyre as replacement, reimburse the value of the tyre backed on the remaining tread depth or offer such other form of compensation according to its prevailing commercial policy. This warranty does not provide compensation for service charges incurred, charges for mounting and balancing, loss of time, loss of us of vehicle, inconvenience or consequential damage insofar as the law permits.
Tyres presented to an authorized Michelin Dealer for compensation remain the property of the consumer and the Michelin Company accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to tyres which are in the custody or control of an authorized Michelin Dealer for the purposes of inspection. Tyres accepted by an authorized Michelin Dealer for compensation become the property of the Michelin Company. In the event of a dispute, the consumer must make the tyre available for further inspection.
No authorised Michelin Dealer, Representative or Employee has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement which in any way varies the terms of this warranty.
This Warranty applies only for the tyres purchased in Malaysia.