Symptom: flat tyre
Diagnostic: Tyre Damage that Requires Repair
- Most punctures of nail holes or cuts up to 6mm confined to the tread may be repaired by a tyre professional using industry-approved procedures.
- An on-the-wheel plug-only repair is not reliable and is dangerous because after a puncture the inside of a tyre must be inspected.
- The proper repair of a radial tyre (most tyres) includes the placing of a rubber patch on the inner liner of the tyre and a rubber filling of the hole.
- Do not attempt to repair tyres with tread punctures larger than 6mm" or any sidewall puncture. Also, do not have tyres repaired that are worn below 2/32" tread depth.
- Replace your damaged tyre with a spare tyre – but first be sure to check the spare tyre's sidewall for the correct inflation pressure, speed and mileage limitations. Take your vehicle for an inspection to a tyre professional.